Sunday, September 26, 2010

Maker Faire

This Saturday I went to the Maker Faire in New York. My work had a booth there and I worked it for a little bit in the morning and then spent the afternoon roaming. It was so much fun, a dream come true really. I watched a bunch of exhibits, and talked with a whole lot of artist about what they do or what they make. I found myself jealous of them going from faire to faire and selling things they have created with their hands..... doesn't that just sound like a dream?!


This is how awesome it was. Where else can you find... chariots, crafts, 3D printing, and a rocket stage?
Two things that stood out to me: 1) Life Size Mouse Trap. That is right ladies and gentlemen... just like the board game only bigger! At the end when the safe fell on the cab.. It was so loud and I could feel it in my whole body. It was quite the site to behold.

2) This artist does sewing machine designs. Basically he draws with his solar powered sewing machine. I had him make me a camera. I am in love with it and can't wait to frame it.

I love creative people!

No comments: