Friday, August 1, 2008

Fall Catalog 2008



So after much work the Fall 2008 catalogs are finally finished... well almost I have to go back to press the end of August for one more quick press run... but still I am pretty much mentally over the books.  These area a few of the images I am especially proud of.  This first cover was shot with natural light (thanks to my great new studio space!)





I am especially pleased with how this one turned out.  And let me tell you chain in sand.. it was a rough day on set.



Not to be out done by this one which was a bit of a rougher day for me.. but thankfully my boss was around to help me think through my mental block... ok so this one maybe took three days;)  And there is a possibility that I bought all of the olive branches that one store in the flower district had!

All and all I think it was a good book for me..... on to the next!




6 comments:

Meg Ruth said...

We got our catalog this week and I was SO impressed. Your work gets better and better!

Love the first cover shot. Lovely!

Gabrielle Germaine said...

Oh Thanks dear. I feel like this last year I have completely pushed my talents and have been really pleased with the outcome... oh and food photography... well that is like adding one more stress to an already stressful process.. lol!

Capree said...

Gaby, these shots are beautiful! I'm really digging the natural light! :)

pandabeard said...

i love that you do this!

Anonymous said...

Hi Gaby, I ran into your sis at the 4th of July and finally figured out what she meant by Uncommon Goods =) Looks like you are doing well, you big city girl you! (Just a little jealous)
Stacy
hancoci_s@msn.com

brenda barrett-taylor said...

so lovely dear. i wish i could shoot images like this. but really i don't have the patience, let's be honest. i'll just stick to the white background. for now.