Sunday, December 16, 2007

Not only am I a Ma'am now, I am a cranky one.

Yesterday I realized (thanks to a kid on the street) that I am a ma'am.  As I was walking to the bus,  this kid was coming towards me, and he dropped a handful of garbage on the street.  He pulled it out of his bag and dropped it.  The worst part was that he was only approx. 12.5 feet away from a trash can that he was walking towards and would eventually pass.  I cannot understand this no matter how hard I try, but it is a phenomenon that I have seen so many times in this city.  Anyway I usually don't say anything, but yesterday my sensor in my head must of been on a break 'cuz with a giant sigh I looked at him and said "you have got to be kidding me, you are about to pass the trash can. What, it was too much work to carry your garbage ten more feet?"  

The kid looked embarrassed and said "oh sorry ma'am"  he went back and picked it up and threw it away.  I felt like all that I needed to do to make my comment to him complete would be to raise my finger to the air and say "it's up to you and me to keep our streets clean." then tussle his hair and call him a good kiddo.  

Now that I think about it it was a soda bottle, I should have made him recycle it... next time:)

4 comments:

brenda barrett-taylor said...

at least he didn't call you sir...

Gabrielle Germaine said...

you do always have a way of looking on the bright side of things...

Anson Gessel Pho+ography said...

It was probably that 20/20 special where they do things on hidden camera and then sees who comes to the rescue. You never know who's watching!

Gabrielle Germaine said...

scary... I hope no one saw me get all bossy like!