Sunday, July 31, 2011

Make and Do

Yesterday I woke up with a burst of energy, and after cleaning the house top to bottom all I could think about was my dream the last few nights. I have been dreaming about making a quilt. Which is sort of funny since I have never made one, and do not really hang around people who make them. But it has been a consuming thought... and well, after a lot of internet research, I pulled out my box of scrap fabrics. I was able to get all my squares cut... I think... Having never made one I am pretty sure I am missing some important step... but I kind of like to learn by trying, so I do not have massive hopes for this one (a nice picnic blanket or lap blanket will be enough for me to be happy). I will keep you posted on this one!



And then, because I had no desire to even think about any of the work I had brought home for the weekend.... I went on to work on a scarf. The thing that I am kind of excited about is that I rarely, if ever, knit for myself. I am always knitting year round, but most of the times it is for a gift for someone else. I learned to knit pretty much the same way I am trying to teach myself to quilt.


And again, because the creative energy kept coming, I started working on this cross stitch. I know it does not look like I got very far, but you see I made the pattern for this one before I started stitching. Also I can not show any further because it is a gift for someone who reads this blog sometimes. Once compleated and gifted I will post the finished design. I am quite pleased with it!



Such a great creative day! My friend Ty said it best when I was telling him that I felt like I got a bit obsessed yesterday with all these projects. He said it is just that I needed to create something that I was not getting paid for and no one else was telling me how to do. So so true.


I feel a bit rejuvenated... and wishing I had more time today to work on all of these projects (and the 40 more that are floating in my head at any given time :)

1 comment:

Kate said...

I have the same problem - a thousand projects I want to do and the feeling that I don't have time to do them. It's SO nice to channel creativity into a project with no "right" answer, isn't it?