Sunday, May 11, 2008

If I didn't take pictures...

I can't tell you how many times when I was in school the teachers would tell me and my classmates "If you could do anything else besides photography and be happy... do that"  I never really agreed with that.  I think they were just trying to prepare us for how hard it can be to get work and all.... but I could do at least 15 things to support myself and be happy.  I chose photography because it is difficult and makes me stretch and grow.  And honestly can be insanely fulfilling and rewarding.  (not to mention just fun:)   

So what else would I do...
Teach art
write childrens books
Work for a museum
make things to sell 
Become a Librarian
do set design (location scout)

Cook cook cook.... This was the whole point of this entry.  I made a great diner the other night that made me think  "Why don't I do this for a living?"  lol... probably cuz I never follow a recipe so the things I make are always a bit different each time I make them.  I made this Roasted chicken with rosemary and sun-dried tomatoes.... yummy (the picture is the uncooked version)  I paired it with a yellow squash soup I made... (a bit to peppery this time, but next time it will be perfect I think)

1 comment:

Emily said...

It makes me hungry just looking at it!