Thursday, March 31, 2011

Devils Lake Part 2

The best laid plans.... I had a couple of hours this evening to spend outside in between press runs. So back to Devils lake I went. Here is what I thought I would do. I thought I would climb the Balanced rock trail and then go on a three mile trail run just past it on the east ridge.... sigh... (this is what I found when I got to the trail)




Here is what actually happened... I started on the rock trail. I figured (before I saw it) that .I would walk it. The map said it was steep and some of the locals agreed. Yeah, that was much truer than I was expecting. I was huffing and puffing and holding on to the side of the rock wall. It was honestly an amazing view, but oh my the work it took me to get to it! After a long long time (no need to tell how long exactly ;) I reached the top. And then realized the only way to get back to my car was climbing back down. Yup no east trail running for me! Just a wobbly walk back down. The good news was that I wanted to spend some time outside and get a good workout. Success!




Yup, can you even see the trail below?!


But look it is the TOP of the tree!



Here I am... feeling a bit like I might pass out, and just about to realize I have to climb down.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Wow, turbo! You aren't kidding about what you do with you leisure time. That "trail" is quite impressive.