Saturday, May 15, 2010

From a Scrap of Paper


Every once and a while I can't help but think to my self... "I can't believe I am getting paid to do this?!" This last catalog for work was filed with so many moments like that. We created these sets built entirely out of paper. The only "real" items were the products we were featuring. The Studio at work was like something that I dream about. Piles of paper, paint, glue, and tape. There was more crafting than I could handle!

We had to call in a little help because there was so much to do. It was great work and great fun! I love working with so many creative and talented people. There were so many moments where we were like... "How do we build a couch out of paper?" and then we would talk about it.. go get some boxes and just dive into construction. There is something so very, very satisfying about starting with an idea and then working and watching it become a reality.

Here are some of the sets we built.... These still make me grin from ear to ear!










If you want your own copy you can go to the UncommonGoods website and request a catalog (if you want them autographed that might cost extra ;)

3 comments:

Meg Ruth said...

These are all so rad!!! You are fantastic.

How do I get my autographed copy? ;)

Ritzman Family said...

Gaby - I love this creativity. So amazing!

Emily said...

This is amazing...seriously. I'm gonna have to request my own copy.